You have the responsibility for your health when you join for this practice. It is a gentle breathing practice, so the likelihood of any challenges arising from that are minimal. However, if you suffer of one of the following medical conditions or have been diagnosed with them in the past, this may not be a good choice for you, so please check when to not participate:
- Detached retina,
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure,
- Cardiovascular disease and/or irregularities including but not limited to prior heart attack,
- Prior diagnosis by a Medical Professional of manic disorder, bipolar disorder or schizophrenia,
- Strokes, TIAs, seizures or other brain/neurological condition or disease
- Family history of aneurysms,
- Use of prescription blood thinners such as Coumadin,
- Hospitalization for any psychiatric condition or emotional crisis within the last ten years,
- Osteoporosis that is serious enough whereby intense movement could cause physical issues,
- Recent physical injuries that are not fully healed and could be re-injured through intense movement,
- Pregnancy (it’s wonderful if you are pregnant, and it is safer to determine in an individual conversation whether breathwork may currently be a beneficial practice for you or not),
- Or any other medical or physical conditions which would impair or affect the ability to engage in any activities that involve physical and/or emotional release or which would cause any risk of harm.
- If you have a current diagnosis by a healthcare professional of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), we recommend you check with your healthcare professional before participating.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us.